As the economic epicenter for the Rushmore Region of South Dakota, Rapid City is well positioned for growth and business development in the years ahead. Our regional trade area encompasses a 200-mile radius, including portions of five-states, and serves a population of over 465,000.
Our region enjoys a strong and healthy economic base of agriculture and tourism, and our economy continues to diversify in several TARGETED INDUSTRY SECTORS, including professional services, metals manufacturing, and energy by leveraging these key regional assets:
- Ellsworth Air Force Base
- Rapid City Regional Hospital
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Rapid City Regional Airport
- Black Hills Business Development Center
- Sanford Underground Research Facility
- Western Dakota Technical Institute
- National American University
- Black Hills State University
Take a look at what our area has to offer, then contact us to find out how we can help your business thrive in Rapid City and the Black Hills!