As the economic epicenter for a 200-mile radius, including portions of five-states, and serving a population of over 450,000 people, Rapid City is well positioned for even further growth and business development in the years ahead.
Our region enjoys a strong and healthy economic base of agriculture and tourism, and our economy continues to diversify into science, medical, engineering, technology, military-related and energy industry clusters by leveraging the following key regional assets:
- Ellsworth Air Force Base
- Rapid City Regional Hospital
- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Rapid City Regional Airport
- Black Hills Business Development Center
- Deep Underground Science and Engineering Laboratory
- Western Dakota Technical Institute
- National American University
- Center for Business and Economics of the Northern Plains
- Black Hills State University
Take a look at what we have to offer, then contact us to find out how we can help your business thrive in Rapid City.